The project is going well, so I’ve released a 0.1 version as a preview.
Download the source code from Qt-Apps.org: http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/Revised?content=152369 (sorry, I can’t provide binary packages for any distributions at this time, check the INSTALL file for compiling instructions).
There are still a million things missing, but there are already several things you can do with it:
- Create new projects, load them, and save them.
- Keep track of chapters and their “steps” in the chapter list.
- Manage character definitions to use in the game.
- Manage image definitions.
- Design scenes with 3 basic things: Set a background image, add other images, like characters or props and add dialog lines.
After some basic stuff has been added to the game, you can save it and run it in Ren’Py, straight from Revised’s menus.
I hope you like it, and if you ever thought about creating novel-type games with Ren’Py, but found that writing scripts was confusing or tiring, maybe this program can help you. The goal is that you’ll need no programming experience to make your simple game.
Feedback is welcome!