I’ve just released a beta version of Dianara 1.0, Beta 1.
The 1.0 sounds pretty serious, so I’ve decided to have at least one beta version first, while I polish some stuff and complete some features which are only half-baked. It’s pretty stable and it certainly has a lot of interesting features over v0.9 (like post editing!)
Main changes since Dianara v0.9 include:
- Post editing.
- Ability to create person lists, delete them, and post to specific lists. *** (you can’t manage who is in which list yet)
- Better posts resizing (no more splitters). *** (this might be slow in old computers!)
- Optimize image sizes inside posts and comments. *** (needs more polish)
- Avatar upload in profile editor *** (actual upload is not done yet)
- Author’s avatar in posts is a button with several options.
- Show if a post has been updated, and when.
- Show “To” and “CC” recipients in posts as links.
- Option to paste without formatting (as plain text).
- Make proper links automatically when pasting a link-like text.
- Option to quote comments. Selecting text in a post before clicking “Comment” also quotes it.
- Regular notes can have titles, which helps a lot in the Meanwhile column.
- Account wizard polishing.
- Some more text formatting options.
- And more!
You’ll find some menu options disabled. Some of them are disabled because the feature is incomplete at the moment.
Check the INSTALL file for details on how to build it.