July 4, 2016
It’s been a really long time since I released the current stable version of Auralquiz, my music guessing game, and it’s about time for a new release, updated for Qt 5, and with fixes all over the place.
The most notable changes since v0.8.1 are:
- Support for building with Qt 5, which is now the recommended version, since Qt 4 is no longer maintained.
- Many Phonon fixes, which should avoid sound problems.
- Added Galician translation, thanks to Miguel Anxo Bouzada.
- Answering with the keyboard now can be done using the following keys: 1/2/3/4, Z/X/C/V, 7/8/9/0 and U/I/O/P.
Auralquiz is available in the repositories of several GNU/linux distributions. At the time of this post, at least Debian 7 (Wheezy) and newer, Mageia 2 and later, Ubuntu 13.10 and newer, and ALT Linux. Hopefully they’ll have this release packaged soon, either in regular updates or in backports repositories. Thanks to all the great packagers who make this possible! 😉
You can get the code from linux-games.org (old qt-apps.org): https://www.linux-games.org/p/1109384/ or from GNU Savannah: http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/auralquiz/auralquiz-v0.9.0.tar.gz
If you need or want to build from source, check the INSTALL file for details on how to build it and the necessary build-time and runtime dependencies.
April 12, 2012
I’ve just uploaded Auralquiz 0.8.1, a bugfix release.
Changes since v0.8:
– Fixed compilation for GCC 4.7 (fixes this Debian bug). Thanks to Dean Evans for letting me know.
– Added French translation, thanks to ntome.
– Added Italian translation, thanks to Giovanni.
As always, you can get it from Qt-apps, here:
If you have the development version, you already have these fixes applied.
February 3, 2012
A new Auralquiz version, 0.8!
Changes since v0.7:
– Added Czech translation, thanks to Pavel Fric.
– Added manpage, thanks to Dean Evans.
– Better song shuffling.
– Show progress bar while analyzing music.
– Reworked ranking with basic statistics.
– Fixed bug with 4-button-mode and very long titles/artist names.
– Other small fixes.
I also want to use this post to send a big “thank you!” to everyone who translated, packaged or beta-tested Auralquiz. Thank you, you rock!!
You can get it from Qt-apps, here:
August 10, 2011
Just a little over 10 days after v0.5, here comes Auralquiz 0.6!
A bug was discovered in 0.5 which caused a crash during analysis of the music files in the user’s folders, if there were many files without valid metadata (no artist and/or title fields).
This has been fixed, among other things, and also a few small improvements.
After selecting “Start game”, the main game options appear: difficulty level, amount of questions, amount of players, and their names.
As always get it here:
And as always, feedback is welcome!
*UPDATE: Packages for Mandriva available here, thanks to Symbianflo.