Just a quick note to say… Dianara v0.8 is out!
You can now send messages to specific people. That includes private messages, if you unselect “Followers“.
The title bar now reflects the currently selected timeline, and also shows number of new posts (well, kinda… new posts in last timeline update, for now)
And you can also edit your profile! You can’t change your avatar, though…😛
Main changes since v0.7:
- Ability to select people in the “To/CC” fields when posting.
- Option to set “Public” posting as default.
- Better text formatting options.
- Re-enabled HTML formatting when posting comments.
- Profile editor.
- Nicer and more informative “Meanwhile” column (tooltips!).
- Basic “person lists” support.
Note that there’s also been a change in the organization of the internal configuration file. This will cause most options to be reset when upgrading from previous versions.
Dianara 0.8 is available in English, Catalan and Spanish languages. Translators would be welcome to translate it to more languages😉
You can get the code from Qt-apps.org: http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/Dianara?content=148103, and hopefully we’ll see Dianara packaged for some GNU/linux distributions in the future. For now, you can at least find it in Archlinux’s AUR, and there is a Gentoo Ebuild.
Check the INSTALL file for details on how to build it.
Feedback is appreciated!