Hi! This blog has become kind of Dianara-centric lately, but you know… The program is in very active development these days. I just released v0.7.
Main changes since v0.6:
- Messages tab, showing posts specifically directed to you.
- Activity tab, listing your own posts.
- Favorites tab, listing the posts you’ve liked.
- Show recipients of a post, the “To” and “CC” fields.
- New options in the formatting menu in the publisher:
“preformatted block” and “insert image from web site”.
- Minor feed, a.k.a. “the meanwhile column”.
- Show “inserted images”, in addition to the image in Picture-type posts.
- Autorefresh of timelines will not interrupt while commenting. This was very annoying.
- Confirmation when canceling a message if there’s content in it.
- Show where links go when hovering them.
- Several other small fixes and optimizations. For a complete list, see the CHANGELOG file.
Note that SSL errors are ignored, for now. This is bad security-wise, but it only affects when downloading images, and well… the pump.io network is pretty trustworthy at this time anyway 😉
I just changed the SSL error handling to ignore them because some Pump servers have self-signed certificates and that could cause annoyances. I’ll do something better for next version.
You can get the code from Qt-apps.org: http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/Dianara?content=148103, and hopefully we’ll see Dianara packaged for some GNU/linux distributions soon. For now, you can at least find it in Archlinux’s AUR, and there is a Gentoo Ebuild.
Debian users might need some components from the experimental branch at this time. Check the INSTALL file for details.
Feedback is appreciated!