First of all… happy new year!
Once again, it took a little bit too long, but here it is! Dianara 1.1!
The main highlights of this version are the enhancements in the Meanwhile feed (specially the “+” button to open referenced posts), the filters, and the fact that you can add and remove members from person lists now.
Main changes since v1.0:
- The Meanwhile feed now highlights activities related to you. There is a counter for new activities, which are also darker until clicked.
- Button to open related posts from the Meanwhile feed. (Has issues, see pump.io issue #873)
- Ability to manage members of person lists.
- Filters to block activities in the Meanwhile feed containing certain words, from certain users, or from certain applications (like Open Farm Game).
- Button to get more (older) items in the Meanwhile feed.
- The contact list gets all contacts now (previously limited to 200).
- Own posts are no longer counted as new.
- Some keyboard shortcuts have been hardcoded, so they should work under bare WMs, like OpenBox. Some new shortcuts have been added.
- Better publisher layout. The option to select different publisher layouts has been removed.
- Moved “Formatting” button out of the composer.
- Different posts-per-page configurations for the main timeline and the rest.
- Option to mark everything as read.
- Show post’s location, if there is one.
- Account configuration will show automatically on the first run of the program.
- The interface should be more responsive now while updating timelines.
- Option to normalize post text colors temporarily.
- Some data is stored differently now, so a few things will reset on first use.
- Lots of other small fixes and enhancements.
Dianara 1.1 is available in English, Catalan, Spanish and Italian languages.
Translators would be welcome to translate it to more languages😉
Dianara is available in the repositories of several GNU/linux distributions. At this time, at least Debian Testing/Sid, Mageia Cauldron, Chakra and Ubuntu 13.10.
You can get the code from Qt-apps.org: http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/Dianara?content=148103.
Check the INSTALL file for details on how to build it.
Feedback is appreciated!